On January 28th Leicester Taekwon-Do had its first Kup grading of the year. 11 people took part in the examination and all performed well.
They were asked to perform the following as part of their grading:-
- Patterns up to their grade
- Set sparring – 1/2 and 3 step sparing routines.
- Free sparring including 2 onto 1
- Theory questions linked to their grade
- Breaking or power tests against a bag
After the grading had finished the black belts were asked to sum up their thoughts and all agreed that all had performed well and I am pleased to announce the following promotions:-
- Ethan Chan to 9th Kup
- Iganas Bagdanavicius to 8th Kup
- Sam Bradsworth to 7th Kup
- Adil Butt to 6th Kup
- Suzanne Ralphson to 5th Kup
- Aman Pancer to 4th Kup
- Liam Culpin to 4th Kup
- Mark Button to 3rd Kup
As well as this, I would like to congrats the following people on undertaking their grading too. All 3 of these members have transferred from the TAGB recently and this grading was to confirm their status as 1st Kup
- Izaak Jankowski – 1st Kup
- Jakob Jankowski – 1st Kup
- Janusz Jankowski – 1st Kup
Finally I would like to extend my thanks to the following black belts for support the grading and for helping me make the decisions:-
- Mr David Martin II Dan
- Mr Michael Martin I Dan
- Mr Edan Tyson I Dan
Congratulations to all. I now know that all members of the club are training hard for their next grading!!
Again, well done all.