Below are a few picture from the Master Wood VIII Dan self defence seminar
On January 28th Leicester Taekwon-Do had its first Kup grading of the year. 11 people took part in the examination and all performed well.
They were asked to perform the following as part of their grading:-
- Patterns up to their grade
- Set sparring – 1/2 and 3 step sparing routines.
- Free sparring including 2 onto 1
- Theory questions linked to their grade
- Breaking or power tests against a bag
After the grading had finished the black belts were asked to sum up their thoughts and all agreed that all had performed well and I am pleased to announce the following promotions:-
- Ethan Chan to 9th Kup
- Iganas Bagdanavicius to 8th Kup
- Sam Bradsworth to 7th Kup
- Adil Butt to 6th Kup
- Suzanne Ralphson to 5th Kup
- Aman Pancer to 4th Kup
- Liam Culpin to 4th Kup
- Mark Button to 3rd Kup
As well as this, I would like to congrats the following people on undertaking their grading too. All 3 of these members have transferred from the TAGB recently and this grading was to confirm their status as 1st Kup
- Izaak Jankowski – 1st Kup
- Jakob Jankowski – 1st Kup
- Janusz Jankowski – 1st Kup
Finally I would like to extend my thanks to the following black belts for support the grading and for helping me make the decisions:-
- Mr David Martin II Dan
- Mr Michael Martin I Dan
- Mr Edan Tyson I Dan
Congratulations to all. I now know that all members of the club are training hard for their next grading!!
Again, well done all.
Unfortunately the first Senior Training session of 2015 has been moved
It was Saturday 10th January 2015 it is now
Saturday 17th January 2015
On Saturday 29th November 2014 the Leicester Taekwon-Do Academy had their first celebration event. The purpose of this event was to celebrate the club’s first year and to have a Christmas get together.
I would like to thank everyone who attended and everyone who helped make this year such a success
Mr Nick Overton V Dan
Mr David Martin II Dan
Leicester Taekwon-Do Academy Instructors
Below are dates for your diary
- Saturday 15th November 2014 – 1pm – 2.30pm at the Southfields Drive Leisure Centre
- Sunday 30th November 2014 – Region 5 black belt training at Eastwood, Nottingham.
- Saturday 13th December 2014- 1pm – 2.30pm at the Southfields Drive Leisure Centre
- Saturday 10th January 2015 – 1pm – 2.30pm at the Southfields Drive Leisure Centre
- Saturday 24th January 2015 – 1pm – 2.30pm at the Southfields Drive Leisure Centre
- Saturday 7th February 2015 – 1pm – 2.30pm at the Southfields Drive Leisure Centre
On Saturday 1st November 2014, 6 members of the the Leicester Taekwon-Do Academy travelled to Nottingham to take part in the first UKITF Self defence Workshop being held by Master Wood VIII Dan and members of the Eastwood Taekwon-Do academy .
The session started with Master Wood explaining the basic and then looking at some simple releases from holds. We then moved on the some basic self defence if people were to grab you or to attach you from behind.
Master wood then finished by showing us a taster of what we should expect from the next session.
All 6 members enjoyed the seminar and I would like to express my thanks to Master Wood VIII Dan for the instruction and the other black belts from Eastwood Taekwon-Do academy for helping and their extra input to Master Wood’s explainations.
The following people attended
- Nick Overton V Dan
- David Martin II Dan
- Micheal Martin I Dan
- Roger Bradbury I Dan
- Mark Button 4th Kup
- Samuel Bradsworth 8th Kup