3RD KUP Grade SHEET – BLUE BELT – Red Tag
To pass you grading you will have to demonstrate:
- Moves and patterns from your previous gradings
- Toi Gye
- Hand and Kicking Power against a Bag/Board
- Combinations up and down the floor.
- Demonstrate and name as many Punching/Striking techniques as possible
- Free Sparring
- One Step Sparring
- How many moves in Toi Gye ?
- Can you tell me anything about Toi Gye?
- Toi-Gye is the pen-name of the noted scholar Yi Hwang (16th Century) an authority on neo-Confucianism. The 37 movements of the pattern refer to his birthplace on the 37o latitude, the diagram represents scholar.
- What does red belt signify?
- Warns the Opponent to stay away.
- Demonstrate how many new moves they know?
- signifies: DANGER, CAUTIONING THE STUDENT TO EXERCISE CONTROL AND WARNING THE OPPONENT TO STAY AWAY.
- Dwijibun sonkut tulgi – Upset fingertip thrust
- San makgi – ‘W’ Shaped block
- Najunde doo palmok miro makgi – Low double forearm pushing block
- Najunde sonkal daebi makgi – Low knifehand guarding block
- Doo palmok Najunde mira makgi – Double forearm low section pushing block
- Kyocha so kyocha joomuk noollo makgi – X stance X fist pressing block
- Sonkal Najunde Daebi makgi – Knifehand low guarding block